Monday, April 9, 2012

Ask RAMBO

TAKE THAT, QUESTIONS!


Annoyed in Abilene asks: RAMBO, I know it's cliched, but I just can't get along with my mother-in-law! She's constantly showing up unannounced, and has a habit of nitpicking every little thing I do. She always seems to make passive-aggressive remarks about my housekeeping, my cooking or the way I discipline the children. She and my husband are very close, so I'm hesitant to stir up trouble. Should I confront her or just learn to live with it?
 
Thanks for writing, Annoyed. When taking out an enemy sentry, silence is the watchword. There are many who would advise a high-powered sniper rifle, and there's much to be said for killing from relative safety a quarter-mile away, but I'll never be able to go past the tried and true compound bow. There's something visceral - almost beautiful - in dispatching your quarry with a perfectly targeted steel-tipped harbinger of death. But make sure you hit him directly in the trachea. The last thing you need is his screams alerting others to your presence. Believe me, the look in his eyes as he realises his fate will ring out louder than any scream ever could.

In-laws sure are a pain!
All my love,
RAMBO

No comments:

Post a Comment